Around 40 percent of adults use voice search once per day. The voice-based virtual assistants have become ubiquitous and it is interesting to know how they have actually familiarized consumers with a seamless way of interacting with tech.
Improvising the traditional searching options, voice search has already begun to make its presence felt in the global search industry. Whether it’s a new word you have come across, or your urge to find out the best restaurant in town, you are wired to use voice search at least for once in a day. Around 40 percent of adults use voice search once per day. The voice-based virtual assistants have become ubiquitous and it is interesting to know how they have actually familiarized consumers with a seamless way of interacting with tech. Undoubtedly the voice search technology is here to stay, but it will present a challenge for online marketers.
Will it not?
Even though voice search applications may come as a challenge for your current search engine optimization (SEO) strategy, you can actually think a step forward and use these technological advances to remain ahead of the other contemporary players. In the immediate time to come, voice search will play a major role in your digital marketing strategy. You just need to conform to the change it is going to bring to you as an online marketer. Keep on reading to know more.
What is Voice Search?
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
Had you been writing the text for the same question, you would have modified your search behavior and used “Who is the CEO of Microsoft?”
Voice search here simply means your smartphone or desktop computer that has a digital personal assistant or any other gadget like Google’s microphone or Amazon’s Echo. Just in a click or command, you get an answer to your query. Isn’t it too swift to handle?
Voice Search and Business Owners
Statistics that support the argument that voice search is here to stay:
- In a survey of SEO trends for 2017 and beyond, voice search stood at the third spot.
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai made an announcement that one-fifth queries on Google are voice searches in 2016.
- Voice search queries typically fall into four categories – 30% general information, 27% personal assistant, 22% local information, and 21% fun and entertainment (says Search Engine Land, 2016).
If we go through the facts, marketers need to pull up their socks and understand how voice search will make a difference in their business in coming times. Around 30 percent of search on the web would be face free by 2020. You need to think about how your audience speaks about your business, products, and services.
- For voice search optimization, the SEO experts recommend search query data visualization tool called Answer The Public. It fetches and maps keyword suggestions/predictions that you see when performing a Google search.
- You can interpret the intent of your user by knowing the kind of phrase they use while interacting with voice search. If they say ‘What’ and ‘Who’, the user is in the research stage. ‘Where’ means, the user is almost ready to buy a product.
- You can also log in to your Google Analytics Account and check out the keywords people use to find content.
- Google will soon add a voice query filter to Google Search Analytics, which will help you know more about the specific keywords.
Tips To Optimize Your Website For Voice Search
- Use natural sounding language
- Queries on your website must be in question format
- Use long-tail keywords
- Ensure your website is fast, mobile friendly, and secure
- Make sure that your Google My Business profile is well updates, including each and every description
- Tailor local SEO strategy for the home assistant devices, which will be made especially for users searching for local content
- To rank on Voice search, according to Google, the results are more focused when the content is relevant, prominent, and distant
Google tends to pull companies with the most optimized SEO profiles like the ones which are verified, completely filled out with accurate information, and given highest number of positive reviews and current pictures.
So, is your voice search SEO ready yet?
If you still haven’t invested in your digital marketing strategy, it is high time you start now. We have already given you enough tips to rely on as there is already a lot to manage when it comes to optimizing for voice search. There are many who are oblivious to the fact where voice search is going to take us.
Be ready for the voice search revolution!